I want to protect my neighbor because...
General Principles of Fairness
- I believe in equality and fairness.
- I believe in equal rights.
- everyone should be treated fairly.
- we should treat everyone as we’d like to be treated.
- it’s the right thing to do.
- I love my neighbors.
- that’s the world I want to live in.
- religious beliefs shouldn’t be used to harm other people
- I believe in the Golden Rule.
- my religion tells me to respect everyone.
- I’m a Humanist.
- the Bible commands it.
- it’s what my parents taught me to do.
- my values teach me to.
- our kids play together.
- they look out for me, now it’s time for me to look after them.
- we’re a community, and everyone matters.
- we look out for each other.
Healthcare in General
- no one should be turned away from getting medical care.
- everyone deserves access to healthcare.
- someone else’s religion shouldn’t dictate his/her/their medical decisions.
- she should get to make her own medical decisions.
- it’s her body, not her boss’s body.
- contraception prevents abortion.
- real healthcare includes women’s healthcare.
- it’s 2015 and birth control is real healthcare.
- it’s her body, not yours.
- discrimination is un-American.
- discrimination is wrong.
- they should be served wherever they want to spend their money.
- I don’t want them to experience the discrimination I have.
- they shouldn’t be told that “we don’t serve your kind.”
- all marriages deserve the same respect.
- their marriage is as good as mine/ours.
- their family is just like mine/ours.
- love is love.
- everyone should be able to visit their spouse in the hospital.
- they shouldn’t face discrimination because of who they love.
- government officials should serve everyone equally.
- they are loving parents and should be allowed to adopt a child.
- children deserve loving families.
- families come in all shapes and sizes.
By submitting my image, I grant to Americans United for Separation of Church and State ("Americans United"), its representatives and employees the right to use photographs I submit in connection with Protect Thy Neighbor. I authorize Americans United, its assignees and transferees to copyright, use, and publish the same in print and/or electronically. I agree that Americans United may use such photographs of me with or without my name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and Web content.